Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm more than happy to have a slick fielding second baseman given the make-up of the rest of the infield.

I'm going based on articles as I can't watch games, but I've read that Parnell is hovering around 100 and has hit 102 (is that really possible, I ask myself) and Jerry Manuel himself said he envisions Parnell as closer of the near future. If K-Rod is not playing next year for one reason or another, I'd so much rather have Parnell as closer than try to sign some no goodnick. Name a single closer who did well for a team they got signed to as a free agent. Billy Wagner might be the one exception...otherwise it's pretty much always a young kid who comes up in the org. Look what happened to the mets closers in the past, or even JJ… never mind, it’s kind of the opposite of “Putz.”

I am fine leaving F-Mart outta the equation, but speaking of Franceour, you can't rank him above any of the 3: Bay, Beltran, and Pagan. I sill can't believe Bay has been out for so long, I thought he used to play hockey! He can't recover from a concussion that he put upon himself? Weird....

Also, I get the point with F-Mart... I wonder if the Mets could even get anyone for him at this point. Put him and Castillo together for some arm(s)!

Another rumor I've been reading/hearing about is that Minaya will be out very soon, perhaps as soon as the season ends. If this is the case, that would be grand, well depending on the replacement of course. But given the fact that he Mets really do have so many young up and comers not just on the horizon but actually in the field of play, and as I said they have $50M coming off the books in one more season, it'd be like a GM’s dream. I only pray they choose someone crafty and intelligent.

-Natron

No comments:

Post a Comment