Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I appreciate your reservation about Mejia.

Parnell as a closer? That's a ballsy move, but okay.

If Martinez were halfway decent, I'd support your decision. However, from what I have seen, he is a miserable player. Not to mention his 2010 AAA stats. Well, they're not miserable, but they certainly aren't good:

257 ab
39 r
16 2b
0 3b
12 hr
33 rbi
1 sb
17 bb
65 so
.253 avg
.455 slg

I would certainly love Ruben Tejada to be our second baseman because he can field, throw, and looks to be pretty quick. However, he can't hit fo' squat right now and I'm very wary of that. He is 1 for 32 in the month of August. However, he has been walking this month. Anyway, I'm concerned about his ability to hit. If he hit like Rey Ordonez with more stolen bases, I might be okay with that (http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3399).

So basically, I agree with your picks with reservations about Parnell (at closer. But then again, who is reliable besides Mariano Rivera?), Martinez, and Tejada. I would love Tejada and Parnell to do what you say. However, I'm really low on F-Mart.

Nate, Frenchy has had much "better" at-bats recently (i.e., working the count - he has walked 3 times in his last 16 at-bats to 1 strikeout). I still like him for some reason...

I like the idea of a homegrown, young team on the field. But the Mets better lower ticket prices or ain't nobody showing up! I got the ticket price thought from a caller to Richard Neer - if this is going to be a "bad" team with many young players, then the Mets can't charge current ticket prices and it would probably be difficult for the Wilpons to lower the prices...
-StanO

No comments:

Post a Comment