Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lance Berkman - Part 4

LOL I think the plan for now is to put him in LF... and Matt "I drop important line drives" Holliday in RF? It makes no sense, and there was an article I read calling it a good deal because it's "only" $8M. UMMM WTF!? That's probably close to 10% of their payroll! I'd wager it's equal to or more than the percent of the Cards' payroll vs Ollie's salary and the Mets' payroll. Did that make sense?

Speaking of Ollie and not making sense, read this quote from http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5863996 "New York Mets left-hander Oliver Perez is still as wild as ever, but somehow he's getting better results in the Mexican Pacific League than he did in the past two seasons in the major leagues." (You can read the article for some stats...)
He's somehow doing better? SOMEHOW? PROBABLY BECAUSE IT'S THE #$%^&^$ MEXICAN PACIFIC LEAGUE!!!!! The opposing bats will be much worse... but the strike zone is the same - that 9 bb/15IP is all I care about - not k's (which could be due to poor contact ability on their part) and I give two %$#^& about ERA. But $%#&, man, 9 walks in 15 innings?! That's like 6 per 9. I guess this is from espndeportes so I should say AYE DIOS MIO!
-Natron (12/7/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment