Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where's Shea?

I can't say I disagree with you, Ronjaya. It hurts when the tickets cost so, so much and the team is so, so bad. A capacity crowd is about 75% the size of the Shea capacity. If there is ever an important or intriguing game at Citifield again, the stadium holds about 13,000 fewer people than Shea did. And that prospect NEVER made sense to me. The Mets play in New York City, why would you make it a smaller stadium?

As far as the amenities go, I do go for the "final score." But I'm a big-time Met game and I'm not carrying kids and families in tow, so...

I think I've written it before but I think Citifield is a beautiful stadium. However, it has a couple of major issues with it. To rehash a little...

-It's significantly smaller than Shea Stadium in terms of crowd capacity. Why eliminate so many people from buying tickets, attending the game, and buying your waaaaay overpriced concessions?
-It doesn't feel like the "home of the Mets." While they have added some more Mets good-ness, I still feel like I could be attending a game for any team.

-StanO

No comments:

Post a Comment