Sunday, January 23, 2011

HoF: Unheard Of... Conversation

I'm shocked because you hear about Ernie banks, Santo, etc. a lot but never this dude. Anyway, speaking of HoF'ers, I have been reluctant to see Bobby Abreu as a potential Hall guy. I dunno why but I view him as most people view Adam Dunn - that is, maybe his consistency numbed me to how impressive he might be. What I'm alluding to is the fact that if he plays another three full seasons (not necessarily great seasons, but he needs the at bats at least), he might end up as one of ten players all-time to collect 1500 hits/runs/rbis...and he'd also be a 300/300 guy. I read these numbers in an article don't worry, I didn't just happen to notice this. Would this be a case of coincidental numbers or would this make him Hall-worthy? Taking RJ's point about looking not only at the numbers but also at the way a player affects the game: did Abreu stand out as an above-and-beyond, Hall of Fame type player? There is a distinction (IMO) between a perennial All-Star and a Hall of Famer. LOL, auto-correct wanted me to write Hall of Faker. Niiice. -Natron (11/16/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment